Hack n' Slash Terms & Conditions
Nb. TheDiceShopOnline (we,us)
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured on TheDiceShopOnline and any associated websites and marketing materials.
2. By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be in the magazine, in any electronic messages, or on an associated website, or communicated to entrants in any other way ("Competition Information"). Such Competition Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any Competition Information.
3. We may cancel or amend any competition, Competition Information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Information or these terms and conditions.
4. The minimum age for entry is 18 years unless specified otherwise in the Competition Information. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of TheDiceShopOnline may not enter additionally any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition.
5. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the Competition Information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
6. The limit on the number of prizes a person or household may make will be be one.
7. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by TheDiceShopOnline will be void. An entry to the competition will be deemed to be an invalid entry where an entrant has evaded payment of the applicable entry charges when entering the competition
8. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition network or phone system, the decision of TheDiceShopOnline shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. TheDiceShopOnline will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition.
10. The prize is as specified in the Competition Information. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier where applicable.
11. The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the Competition Information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries, the communication of the winner (s) will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
12. TheDiceShopOnline will attempt to notify the winner within up to 28 days after the closing date for entries to the competition, or as otherwise indicated in the Competition Information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as TheDiceShopOnline shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text or postal address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If TheDiceShopOnline is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and TheDiceShopOnline reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Competition Information.
13. TheDiceShopOnline may in its sole discretion refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these terms or an entrant's breach of these terms, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to evade charges when entering a competition or the improper use of technology when entering a competition.
14. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter a competition in a manner, which in TheDiceShopOnline's determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the competition, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or TheDiceShopOnline and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the competition at TheDiceShopOnline's sole discretion.
15. We shall endeavour to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, we reserve the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
16. In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by TheDiceShopOnline and also be obtained by sending a SAE to us and the name of the competition within 3 months of the closing date. By entering the competition, entrants grant to us a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
17. Information, data and the caller line identity ("personal data") which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by TheDiceShopOnline and contractors in order to administer the competition.
19. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the Competition Information, we shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant.
20. These terms and conditions were last updated on 28 November 2011.